An office chair [เก้าอี้ ทำงาน, which is the term in Thai] is a chair that are specifically designed for working in offices. They offer comfort to the employee which leads them to work efficiently. Office chairs are swivel chairs that have a set of wheels. These chairs offer you the ability to adjust height of the chair as per your requirement. Over the period of time the quality and comfort of the chair have improved manifold. These chairs are healthy as they are designed to give support to your hip, back and neck which reduces the risk of stiffness and sprains.
Features of an office chair
- Lumbar support: It is an important feature of an office chair. It provides support to your muscles and your lower back. It reduces the risk of stiffness.
- Flip-up arms: These chairs have adjustable arms and can be pushed upwards. Upon pushing the arm rests it gives you the feel of chair sans arm rest.
- Swivel: This is one important feature as you can move easily without leaving your seat. They have a set of wheels that helps you to turn around in any direction as per your requirement.
Advantages of office chairs
- Office chairs with armrests offer your shoulders comfort and support for efficient working. A chair without armrests is also used in offices as they increase mobility and are less restrictive.
- These chairs have a curvature that gives support to your back. It also makes your posture healthy. In the case of chairs sans curvature, your back may feel pain due to continuous upright sitting.
- The height of the chair is adjustable. The right way to keep your feet while sitting on a chair is to keep them flat on the floor. It gives you support and provides proper circulation.